July 2014 Archives – ProPublica
Repost this story for free
Thank you for your interest in reposting this story. You are free to repost it as long as you do the following:
- You must credit us. In the signature we prefer “Name of the author, ProPublica”. At the top of your story text, include a line that reads: “This story was originally published by ProPublica. You must link the word “ProPublica” to the original URL of the story.
- If you repost online, you should link to this story’s URL on propublica.org, include all our story links including language and our newsletter signup link, and use our PixelPing tag .
- If you are using canonical metadata, please use the ProPublica URL. For more information on canonical metadata, refer to this Google SEO link.
- You may not edit our material except to reflect relative changes in time, place, and editorial style. (For example, “yesterday” may be replaced with “last week” and “Portland, Ore.” With “Portland” or “here”.)
- You may not republish our photographs or illustrations without specific permission. Please contact [email protected].
- It’s okay to put our stories on pages with ads, but not ads specifically sold against our stories. You cannot claim or imply that donations to your organization support the work of ProPublica.
- You cannot sell our material separately or syndicate it. This includes publishing or syndicating our work on platforms or applications such as Apple News, Google News, etc.
- You may not republish our material wholesale or automatically; you must select stories to repost individually. (To inquire about syndication or licensing opportunities, contact our VP of Business Development, Celeste LeCompte.)
- You may not use our work to complete a website designed to improve search engine rankings or solely to generate income from network based advertising.
- We generally do not allow the translation of our stories into another language.
- Any website our stories appear on must include a meaningful and effective way to contact you.
- If you share reposted stories on social media, we would appreciate being tagged in your posts. We have official accounts for ProPublica and ProPublica Illinois on Twitter (@ProPublica and @ProPublicaIL) and Facebook.
Copy and paste the following into your repost page: